The basketball competition will be organized in both men’s and women’s categories. Teams will be divided into groups, where the number of groups and number of teams in groups depend on the number of faculties/universities taking a part in this competition. Games’ schedule of playing the game will be determined after the draw which will be held 7-10 days before starting of Euroijada, and each team will play no more than four matches a day. Best teams from each group will qualify for the playoffs in the elimination format: quarterfinals, semifinals and finals.
The following tie-breaking system shall be applied in order to determine the ranking or group stage:
- 1st – 2 points for a win / 1 point for a loss / 0 points for a forfeit or disqualifying match
- 2nd – Mutual result (head-to-head)
- 3rd – Better score difference
- 4th – Higher number of scoring points
- 5th – Barrage match (if teams are not from the same group)
- 6th – Draw (if teams are from the same group)